I got a custom-designed Air Force 1 by Nike at a retail price of $120. Are You also curious about getting Custom Air Force 1? Here comes a piece of good news, You are no stranger to Nike. You can design sneakers at Nike and get the same style with premium leather and all the features. But How? Let’s get started from the beginning.
About Air Force 1:
Air Force 1 was properly introduced in 1984 and designed by Bruce Kilgore. Along with having a stylish look, it was the first ever shoe that had Nike Air technology. Although it has many retro and versions, the most common & highly sold were solid white & solid black.
As AF-1 is still in high demand and not all AF-1 lovers go with the same colorway choice, Nike is offering a custom-designed Air Force 1 for men & women both. Includes all the sizes low, mid & high on the retail price, and premium stuff. You can design completely yourself by choosing material e.g. premium leather or suede along with vamp color up to the Nike logo.
Read also: Air Max 94: A Complete Buyer Guide
Nike allows you to make your legacy by choosing premium leather or suede for any part of the shoe. Select the rubber traction type & finishing. Design every part of the shoe to make a unique look by joining them together. Furthermore, choose your favorite colors to make a combo.
Along with designing, Nike allows you to change the back logo. You can replace the “Air” with any three characters. You can even choose different characters for left and right.
For the bottom, You have a choice between solid or gum rubber soles. You either have a choice to opt for Nike grind rubber made by scraps through the footwear manufacturing process. All other same benefits with a signature look.
- Nike Air Technology was installed for extra cushioning.
- Padded Low cut collar.
- Foam midsole.
- Perforation on the toe.
How to get the perfect Custom Air Force 1?
Custom Air Force 1 is a type of sneaker that is customized or modified from the original Air Force 1 design by Nike. The Air Force 1 is a classic and popular sneaker that was first released in 1982 and has since undergone many iterations and collaborations.
There are several ways to customize or modify Air Force 1s. Some common customization methods include:
- Painting: One of the most popular ways to customize Air Force 1s is by painting them. This involves using various types of paint to add designs, patterns, or colors to the shoe.
- Embroidery: Another way to customize Air Force 1s is by adding embroidered patches, logos, or designs to the shoe. This method can add texture and depth to the shoe’s design.
- Swarovski crystals: Some people choose to add Swarovski crystals to their Air Force 1s to add some bling to the shoe. This involves gluing or attaching the crystals to the shoe’s surface.
- Fabric overlays: Another way to modify Air Force 1s is by adding fabric overlays to the shoe. This involves using different materials such as leather, suede, or denim to create a unique design.
Custom Air Force 1s can be made by individuals or by companies that specialize in sneaker customization. Many people choose to customize their Air Force 1s to create a unique look that reflects their personality or style. Additionally, custom Air Force 1s can also be used for promotional or marketing purposes.
Steps to get custom AF-1 sneakers:
- STEP 1> VERSION: In the first step there are a number of low, mid, and high versions of AF-1 placed. The First & second are pure blank, all others have customized designs just for inspiration if you like them. If you want to design completely on your own, choose blank low or high, it’s up to you.
- STEP 2> GENDER & SIZE: In the second step You have to choose the gender because of different feet sizes & and colorways. Secondly, you will choose shoe size, as it goes true to size pick the usual size.
- STEP 3> VAMP & TIP: This is the first step of sneaker customization, where You select the material premium leather or suede for the vamp (upper front part of the shoe). Below the material selection, there’re colorways to pick for the vamp. The next step is to choose the material and color for the tip of the shoe (left & right-sided parts of the shoe). There’s an amazing color collection to choose from e.g. white, sail, lime ice, etc.
- STEP 4> QUARTER & SWOOSH: In this part, you choose the material and color for the quarter (side part of the shoe). Pick a color such as royal blue, chile red, gym red, etc. Swoosh is a big tick mark on the left and right side of Nike Air Force 1. Pick the material and color for swoosh next to a quarter.
- STEP 5> TONGUE TOP LABEL: In this step, you just pick the tongue top label “Nike Air” color. They’re just 4 color combinations available white/black, black/white, grey/black & sail/black.
- STEP 6> FOXING & BACKSTAY: In this step, you pick the color and material for foxing (end part of the shoe). Pick the color and material for the backstay (the part which runs on the back side of the shoe).
- STEP 7> TONGUE: Here you choose the material and color for the shoe tongue, binding & lining. Keep in mind there are fewer color options if you choose suede as the material.
- STEP 8> EYESTAY & LACE: Choose leather or suede & color for eye stay (the part where eyelets/lace holes are placed). Furthermore, choose the color for lace.
- STEP 9> MIDSOLE & OUTSOLE: Pick up the color for the midsole & outsole of the shoe. There’re two options solid & regrind outsole.
- STEP 10> BACK LOGO: The last step is to choose a color for the back “Nike Air” logo. Here’s a wonderful option, You can exchange “Air” with any other three characters, individually for each shoe.
Read also: Tear Away Air Force 1
How do I make a custom AF1?
Just go to the official Nike website, there You will have the option to design a custom AF1. There you can change the material and color of each & every part of the sneakers.
How much does it cost to design Air Force 1?
Custom Air Force 1 designing cost is about $120 for Low, $130 for Mid, and $135 for High. Some of them are already uniquely customized which costs $140.
Will Nike discontinue Air Force 1?
Nike isn’t and will never discontinue AF-1, this isn’t only their popular & top-selling sneaker but one of its signature designs. Although the company released the custom AF-1, so the wearer can get their desired designs.
Where are Nike customs made?
Nike is spread-ed over 14+ countries while holding 150 different manufacturing factories. But their sneakers are made in Vietnam, Indonesia & China.
AF-1 is already a classy yet stylish super comfortable sneaker. Furthermore, it looks great with almost every outfit. Yet Nike allows you to customize Air Force 1 and get your desired color combo. I consider it one the best option to choose, to get the same premium sneaker while choosing the colorways of your choice.
Hi, I’m Khalifa – the chief editor of this site. I have always been fascinated by the versatility and style of boots. As a blogger, I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and expertise on all things boots – from the latest trends to work boots. Whether you’re a seasoned boot aficionado or just starting out, I hope my blog will inspire and inform you on your own boot journey.